Full-Time Youth/Family and Involvement Minister Needed
The Choctaw Church of Christ, a congregation of about 300, located in a suburb 10 miles east of Oklahoma City, is seeking a youth minister to work with our growing number of families with pre-teen/teens and their families. A successful candidate should have good organizational and communication skills, as well as college training in Bible and related areas of youth and family ministry. Previous ministry experience, song leading ability, as well as being married is preferred. Please send resumes, references, video sermons, and contact information to email@example.com.
The main objective of the Youth/Family and Involvement Minister is to help integrate youth and families into the life and service of the church. This will require the minister to plan and coordinate activities that will involve our Youth Group and their parents. The minister's work will be done under the leadership of the Choctaw elders.
In the day to day routine the minister will be required to carry out the following duties:
- Maintain a regular office presence
- Prepare education curriculum for the Youth Group (grades 6-12)
- Teach regular Youth Bible classes on Sunday morning and Wednesday evening
- Recruit and train teachers for youth classes
- Regular preaching assignment
- Regular song leading assignment
- Coordinate Youth Group activities
- Work with Fellowship Deacon to plan congregational events
- Manage new member integration
- Coordinate visitor information and contact
- Manage ministry initiatives