Almost everyone I know has spent some time in a hospital and for a variety of problems. Once we have been diagnosed with something, we agree to be admitted to the care of that institution. There are doctors, nurses, medications, and health equipment to aid our needs. And even though it greatly affects our routine and our lives, we want it fixed. We then accept the care and treatment in the desire to get well. At the same time we long for our cure and our discharge. We want to be "cured of what ails us" despite what it costs.
There are some parallels to a hospital stay to our time as Christians:
1. We are admitted into God's hospital by becoming members of Christ's church through baptism because we are "sick with sin". It's the only place where there is a cure.
2. The GREAT PHYSICIAN (Matt 9:12) has a rehabilitation plan for our spiritual health. Only He can remove the thing that is killing us....SIN!
3. He furnishes us a "get well" and "stay well" program prescribed by the scriptures.
4. We benefit from others in this spiritual hospital (the church) with the same symptoms and weaknesses. They too are seeking relief.
5. And finally, we should be longing for our discharge. "O death, Where is your sting? (Hos 13:14).
6. And there's no out-of-pocket expense to us because JESUS PAID IT ALL!!
We are all in need of God's hospitalization, Christ's Church. So take advantage while there's still time. SIN IS TERMINAL!
"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Rom. 6:23)