Jesus prayed that all of those who believed in him would be united as one:
“I am not asking on behalf of these alone (the apostles), but also for those who believe in Me through their word, that they may all be one; just as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me.
- John 17:20-22
When Jesus says, “…so that the world may believe that You sent Me”, he is showing us the power of the love we express to one another. Our unity, our unfailing love will show the world that he is alive and well.
How can we promote closeness and unity? Following are a few suggestions:
- Openly praise the Godly qualities you see in your brothers and sisters
- Speak encouragingly to young parents struggling to raise their children
- Pray for single moms and dads who are trying to do the work of two
- Show appreciation to older folks for the example they have set for years
- Sympathize with those struggling with chronic health problems
- Learn the names of the children among us and let them know that you see them
- Encourage those who serve in whatever capacity
- Gladly help with any good work of the kingdom where you can
- Honor those who teach
- Encourage those who lead the good works of the church
- Keep on doing the above until the Good Lord returns
In short, make it your ambition to be a blessing to God’s people at every opportunity.